In the following video I create a custom skybox for Unity with Photoshop.
- I create an equirectancular panorama file in Photoshop (6000 px x 3000 px) and save as a PNG.
- I use the Panorama to Cubemap tool offered at https://jaxry.github.io/panorama-to-cubemap/ to convert the panorama into 6 cube maps.
- I import the textures into Unity and change them from Repeat to Clamp.
- I create a new material, change it its Shader to Skybox > 6 sided and then attach my 6 cube maps accordingly.
- The last step is to apply the material to the Skybox material slot in Window > Rendering > Lighting Settings.
Interested in learning Unity? Use this referral / coupon code link to get started:
The Ultimate Guide to Game Development with Unity